Wednesday 30 December 2009

Brrrrrrrr but beautiful

For those of you who didn't have snow, here you can share mine. Yes the weatherman got it right at least for my little part of Shropshire. 


It started yesterday afternoon and carried on until late at night. It's beautiful, even I have to admit that but I hate it. It's cold, wet and very slippy.

Poor Mike, slipped on ice just before Christmas and ended up breaking a rib. He's getting over it now but it's a lesson to us all to take care. Me I'd rather stay in the warm and dry.






But my lads and their friends aren't like me, they went out to play in the dark and lo and behold we had, for a brief time, a new visitor in our garden.

Poor Lucy though looks freezing.

Hopefully though this is the last of snow for this year but who knows what next year will bring.

I'm really looking forward to it. A new year and a new decade - where did the last one go to?

I really hope that 2010 brings you all everything you wish for and more. And for writers, remember bum on seat and get those keys going.

Have a wonderful New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, If I'd been younger I would have been out there with them! It looks so beautiful, we had the rain!
    Hugs and a happy and warm and snug New Year....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a good dusting of snow overnight but, alas, it had all gone, washed away by the following rain this morning! My daughter was most disappointed as she so wanted to build a snow man. I'm with you though. I'm terrible at walking in the ice and snow! And I hate the cold - it makes my joints ache. But the snow is very beautiful when it's falling and I love individual snowflake patterns.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete