Thursday 14 January 2010

Sick of the snow

Stuck in the house.

Looking for something to do?

Want to write but motivation not forth coming?

Oh tell me about it. Last night and today the powers that be decided to dump another six to eight inches on top of the snow we already had and have had since before Christmas. I'll tell you, not happy, not happy at all.

Oh yes, the news and the weather forecast tell you different 'Shropshire had another two inches today' not in south Shropshire they didn't, it was chucked in bucket loads and very big buckets at that. Check out Simon's blog because not only did we have inches of snow, we also had winds and drift.

Me I've totally had enough of it. I haven't been able to get my car out to go to the shops. No I'm not being precious the nearest shop to me is five miles away along untreated roads, not a good idea in a new sports car with wide tyres that my son informed me when I got it that it will skid like a bas***d.

But never mind all the stuff about the weather. We've got long, cold winter evenings to fill and there's only so much television you can watch. So for the fiction writers amongst you who don't want their precious typing fingers to seize up check out competitions. Most of them only cost pennies to enter and who knows. So for information on UK + writing competitions check out .prizemagic.co.uk/html/writing_comps.htm and cheer up your long winter evenings.

Good luck

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I've been like you, wanting to write but suffering from cabin fever. Thank goodness the thaw is beginning, and I should think it will eventually reach even the hinterland. :0)
    Glad to see that despite everything, you are checking out those websites. Keep at it girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come On Sue, did you not read my last post? You were my inspiration! The snow will go - eventually, but your talent is still there.
    It is horrid though, I couldn't get to work yesterday again,hence my post.
    Take care and chin up
    Love Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Julie yes xx

    PS I would just like to see some green grass lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is frustrating being cooped up but you know Carole even after all these weeks of snow, I still marvel at the beauty of it on the hil.

    And the website, it's a good one and one that every writer should bookmark.

    Hope you and Roy are keeping well and as soon as this snow goes - we'll meet up for lunch.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Di bless you. I hadn't read your post before I posted this but I have since and thank you.

    Yes I know the snow will go because it would look very stupid if it was still here in June - lol and I'm sorry if I sound down, haven't been well recently but I will get better.

    You take care my love and be careful on those roads.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, I've sent you an invite to my new blog and now my grandson says he is setting up the blog for me...! So just delete the invite, I shall have to wait for him to create it, and then I'll send again!! Keep your chin up, things are going to get better.
    Hugs...Carole. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. radio frequency skin treatment
    -:very nice information, we are glad to read this news or post,

    ReplyDelete