Sunday 18 January 2009

Thanks, thoughts and a Happy New Year

Ten years ago when I handed the chairmanship of Wrekin Writers over to Simon Whaley little did I think I would be back in the 'hot seat.' However, times, situations and circumstances change and thanks to the support of the group I find myself back as its chair. I came to the decision to stand after many months of long, hard thinking and discussions with both friends and family. I realise that the responsibility of running Wrekin Writers is not one to be taken lightly and I intend to do my very best to justify the faith that the group have placed in me.

Both myself and the group would like to sincerely thank Mike White for all the hard work he has put into running Wrekin Writers for the past five years. Under his leadership the group has both grown and developed into what it is today. Thanks Mike, you did a fantastic job.

Now, following our AGM on Saturday 17th January Wrekin Writers not only has a new chair and vice chair it also has some new faces on the committee - to the new committee members welcome, I look forward to working with you.

Already 2009 looks exciting. In February Simon Whaley is running a workshop for us, March we are at Attingham Park, April sees the launch of our annual Short Story Competition, May we have the Book Fair at Attingham Park and plans are underway for our annual workshop in October as part of the Wellington Literary Festival.

So, no resting on our laurels, we have work to do and a lot to look forward to. So from me, I wish you all a very happy and successful New Year and see you in February.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment