Saturday 31 October 2009

Yikes!

Write a novel of 50,000 words or more in thirty days. That's a minimum of (hang on let me get the calculator) 1,666 words a day for the next thirty days. Doesn't sound quite so bad if you put it like that but in the next thirty days I've got to.... no I'm not even going to think about that, I'm going to switch my laptop on sit in the corner of my sofa facing the window looking out over Clunbury Hill and allow myself the freedom to write.

I'm not doing this alone though. No thirty miles away in Telford scribbling away also is my dear friend and fellow Wrekin Writer Julie Phillips so wish us luck as tomorrow we begin our journey and please wish us well and all encouragement and support will be gratefully accepted.

To Julie, good luck sweetheart.

2 comments:

  1. Shall be with you all, every bit of the way, looking forward to updates! Don't forgot the 'golden rules' - don't bother about spelling, grammar, and mixed up anything. Just KEEP GOING. If you think you've put one incident before another and it is in the wrong place, DON'T CHANGE IT - NEVER GO BACK! just keep going and give that side of your brain permission to write and ignore yourself as judge, jury and hangman just for once!! From the muddle that ensues, you can sort it later and have a great book! GOOD LUCK!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue,

    Best of luck with the novel writing in 30 days. You deserve this time to write.

    Enjoy yourself.

    Love from Feex

    ReplyDelete