Monday 12 October 2009

Wrekin Writers target the Shropshire Markets

Julie Phillips had her article about the Horsehay Amateur Dramatic group published in Friday night's Shropshire Star.

Julie says on her blog 'I am estatic but still trying to get my head round the fact that I have got
into the Shropshire Star and it isn't a
letter! Or a story about my drunken behaviour after complaints from my neighbours (I am, of course, joking about the drunk bit - though I have no idea if my neighbours have ever complained about me!)

I've read the Shropshire Star for years but never thought I'd get a feature in there.
I very nearly didn't approach the editor with my feature proposal because I thought I'd be laughed out of the office!! But I did, so it just goes to show - nothing ventured nothing gained! So go on, give it a go - I dare you ;0)'

Well done Julie and if you want to read Julie's blog you can find it at

and share her journey in the writing world.



And hot off the press this morning Di Perry has had an article accepted for the Shropshire Magazine. Di's reaction 'Oh my God!' For more information on Di's article - watch this space.

Well done Di

Di also has a blog, it's lovely. Read all about her girls at



4 comments:

  1. We are all doing so well, and it's lovely! Are we entering our Anthology in the NAWG Anthology Comp this year?

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Julie and I don't see why we shouldn't enter our anthology into the NAWG competition, after all it's different.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to Julie and Di. They must be overjoyed - they deserve to be! You sound like a really active and supportive group. Wish I had a group like yours in Lincolnshire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment anonymous the girls are thrilled as is each and every member of Wrekin Writers who are published and those who aren't celebrate the successes of their friends. It is a wonderful group (though I don't always say that on a Saturday morning lol) and everyone pitches in and helps others. You'll have to arrange a holiday in Shropshire to coincide with one of our meetings and do come along and meet us. You're more than welcome.

    ReplyDelete