Friday 25 September 2009

Chairman's Challenge






The Chairman's Challenge for June was write a hundred words on 'tedious' Our Vice - Chair Barbara Groom had the task of judging it. One I know she didn't find easy although she thoroughly enjoyed it.






1st - Barbara Maitra

I’m undeniably discriminated against. I’m an orphaned tubby, short arsed donkey sequestered on a starvation patch. I count the blades of grass, how tedious!

The 2 stallions call me wonky donkey and feast 5 star in the top field.

I’m planning to kick pretty boy Banjo to death one day, followed by a swift getaway. Boyo I can run like a Rhino. The other brat gets a nip from me if I get close but I’m cooking up something nasty for him also.

I admit I’m psychologically disturbed but Life in solitary does this to you. Think I’ll lie down now. Dreaming up death threats puts me to sleep nicely.


2nd - Sue Ross


How tedious is

The daily dodge

Of marching cones,

Regrouping nightly

New formations spring around each bend

(Just to keep you on your toes)

They guard the highways,

Wait to catch us out,

Is it this way, that way?

Who bloody knows?

And all the time

The furtive cameras

Lurk

3rd - Brenda Carter


When I was at school I thought it was boring to stay with Aunt Jenny for tea because Mum worked. No T.V. and all those antiques.

How tedious, I thought as a teenager, that Mum insisted that I do errands for my Aunt.

It was tedious to sit with my Aunt as she grew older. But a maggot wormed in my brain so I paid especial attention.

Aunt Jessie passed away and I felt guilty with hope.

But oh, how tedious it was to sort out her precious things; she’d made me an executor of her will and left everything to charity.



No comments:

Post a Comment