Tuesday 9 June 2009

Attingham Park declared a resounding success

Following a meeting this afternoon at Attingham Park the Book Fair in May has been a wonderful success. So much so, plans are now underway to repeat it again next year, which I think is wonderful news. So watch this space. Next year, things will be bigger, better and probably instead of two days we'll do three so that means longer too.

My thanks go to Dorothy Nicolle, Simon Whaley, Mike White and all those who were involved in organising this event. Also thanks to Barbara Groom, Mollie Bolt, Nicola Vincent, Julie Phillips, Fiona and Steve Smith, Jenny Kiernan, Darren Bailey, Di Perry, Phyllis Blakemore, Brenda Carter, Beverley Woodhead (and if I've forgotten anyone please forgive me, or email me and I'll add you to the list) for turning up. Also thanks to Wrekin Writers for the Chairman's Challenges that were on display. We showed Shropshire what a bunch of talented writers we are.

Also I have to say a great big thanks to the authors who turned up. You guys were the stars of the show and I promise you'll get an invitation to next year's event.

And finally, the competition. Well there has been a delay in announcing the results but rest assured the winners will be notified within the next few days.

Thanks again guys without you, your support and enthusiasm Wrekin Writers wouldn't be the fantastic group it is.

5 comments:

  1. That really is fantastic news, Sue. And you did miss someone off the thank you list - yourself! Long may Wrekin Writers' continue to blaze the trail for good writing! Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's part of the job Julie but thank you and yes I totally agree with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news indeed, so pleased for you and thanks for all the work you put into everything...hugs...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to next year lets hope the weather is warmer but even if it isn't us Wrekin Writers are full of determination to overcome the weather as this year proved.

    You certainly should have included yourself.

    Best wishes

    Fee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to next year. I hope the weather is a little warmer but if it is not then I know us Wrekin Writers will battle on regardless.

    Yes you should have included yourself in that thank you post. You inspire so many to keep writing.

    Best wishes

    Love Fee

    ReplyDelete